Wednesday 15 January 2014

Day 15: All that glitters...

Day 15: ...when you look closely

Yes, back to the home territory today with reading and writing plans high on the priority list. There's a writing project with a submission date due at the end of the month and I'm very keen to get to work on reacquainting myself with the work of Hannah Arendt. News through too about a successful paper submission for an international conference, so there is much to do. 

A little shimmer...

So today's photographic adventures didn't venture much beyond the backyard again. But there is so much to see, when we look...which is what I hope comes through in aspects of this project. 

Not being a gardening/marketing type but a long time Asianist, I do despair at times at the twee nicknames we see on plants. Let's just say that when I looked a little more closely at this Duranta regens I was pleasantly surprised by the little shiny sun reflectors as the rain clouds approached. I can see why it attracts the bees and butterflies all day. 

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 4.39pm]