Monday 27 January 2014

Day 27: Public holiday...

Day 27...light and shade

Today was the public holiday day for yesterday's public holiday actual day...yes, it's like that. Still, the pest control company wasn't taking any notice of that and the fellow turned up at 7.00am, no sleep in. No pests either, so that's something.

Rehearsal for the orchestra commenced this evening. Big year, we're going for a name change after 40 years: St Lucia Orchestra to 'Brisbane City Pops Orchestra'. Do I agree? Not really but I just sit up the back playing the semi breves and count bars of rest. 


In the shadows

I was getting a little practice in this afternoon when the sun hit the lounge room wall in a particularly noticeable way. Yes, the light, the shade, the shadows cast...like our music, it might be black and white on the page but it all depends on the light and shade we add to it when we play. 

Let the new (orchestral) year begin!

[Camera : iPhone 4S*, 6.12pm (by complete coincidence)]
*People ask why I keep putting the fruit phone. I have another couple of cameras which I will use from time to time, and I plan to keep a record, we camera wonks can be a bit like that...