Thursday 30 January 2014

Day 30: Little ideas...

Day 30: ...crop up sometimes.

With no outside commitments today and the first 2014 deadline for submission met, it was time today to review the to-do list and decide which article to write next. I have quite a few to do, ranging from territorial disputes to teaching novels and 9/11 to continuing with the meanderings of a 19th century Japanese gent. I'm reading into the theory for my next project and there are presently three conference papers to prepare. So much to think about.

In the meantime, I need to re-work the study, from a study to a library since I hardly use the desk in there anymore. The laptop gives me roaming privileges one unimagined...

Little ideas...


It was out on the back deck, this evening as I was packing up that I noticed the yellow waxy flower of the Aphelandra squarossa has popped up recently...an even closer look and I noticed that there are smaller blooms emerging from its tips...'little ideas' emerging from the bigger structure. Bit like my working day at the moment. 


[Camera : iPhone 4S, 5.51pm]