Thursday 9 January 2014

Day nine: I see you...

Day nine: ...or intrusion?

I worked indoors mostly but stepped out during a lunch break. I spent a bit of time looking at the patch of leaf debris and weeds I plan to turn into something resembling a garden. I don't have a lot of success, but it is fun to try and create something. 

Should either of us be here, now? 
This plant, a 'native gardenia' caught my eye and not for the little creature you see here. This shrub was planted years ago and has hardly grown. It hasn't died either, and in my garden, that's a plus. No, what caught my eye was the appearance of something that looks like a bud, of a flower-type. That's exciting. You've been alerted to possible future pics... I'm not sure if this is an insect I should be photographing, it had the shape of a small cockroach but the colouring of a Christmas beetle. But, it's the detail, and the opportunity. 

My research project proceeds but I took a break (I'm still officially on holidays) to go and see the movie about PL Travers, author of Mary Poppins, 'Saving Mr Banks'. Quite interesting, I might just have to pop out to Allora, out near Warwick...the young PL Travers spent her childhood there. Hopefully the good folk of Allora won't feel we're intruding. 


[Camera : iPhone 4S, 2.08pm]