Saturday 1 February 2014

Day 32: (Not so) surprise visitor...

 Day 32: ...backyard inhabitants (snake alert)

The year is seriously underway. Not only is it February but my clarinet choir rehearsals recommenced today. The clarinet choir is, as it seems, a 'choir' of clarinets, about 30 of us playing all range of claris, and all types of music. We do a lot of classical pieces arranged for the choir as well as popular songs. We are entering our fifteenth year (or thereabouts) this year and it is one of those pleasures in life to get together with a lovely group of people. It sounds like...a pipe organ with the right sort of arrangements. 


Who is there?

That was probably going to be the highlight of the day, then back home to continue on with my documenting of Watanabe's tour. Until this afternoon when I looked outside and noticed a not so surprise visitor on the possum box. Not so surprising because although I've only ever seen two or three in all my years here, I back onto some bushland so really, it is surprising there haven't been more. 


I thought my presence, with the zoom lens (though disguised), may have moved it on but in fact, when I looked more closely, it was the small beetle that encouraged its departure...

Haven't seen any movement in the possum box. I'll keep an eye out...now, back to work.



[Camera : Canon EOS60D, Lens 75-300mm zoom; 1.58pm & 1.59pm; (close crop)]