Sunday 2 February 2014

Day 33: Tai chi for beginners...

 Day 33: ...or a dragonfly

Sunday, so there is a plan to work, after play. Today I ventured off to an introductory lesson in tai chi, down by the river in front of the Gallery of Modern Art. It was an event for members and guests. Tai chi is one of those things I've been meaning to do for ages; this was the perfect excuse. I shall join up tomorrow I think, although I'd be very tempted to do tai chi by the river every Sunday morning...

Anyway, thinking of the blog, I also thought I might be able to get some great shots at South Bank, took the camera and all. I thought, dear reader, you'd probably had enough of my backyard. Indeed, there were one or two quite appropriate pics...a bearded dragon sunning itself, a pile of cut timber outside the library...plenty of opportunities. 

Balance and meditation...
But, apologies. It is the backyard after all. I was working on the back deck and spotted the dragonfly. Not a brilliant shot, it was quite a distance away but capturing a dragonfly on the tip of a branch? Well, that wins for me...and the shot that tied for first place was my mate the kookaburra. It was being harassed all afternoon by the mynahs/miners. It looked at me as if to say...geez, you too? 

I wrote a small ode to the kooka: 

Geez...
Kookaburra sits on the old wattle tree
Fending off those pesky little mynahs is he
Fend, kookaburra fend
Kookaburra stoic your life must be...

(You know the tune...) 

[Camera : CanonEOS 60D, 75-300mm zoom lens; 3.49pm, 5.04pm]

PS: A follow up to yesterday's post: poss is back...she wasn't deterred by the snake at all.