Sunday 16 February 2014

Day 47: Just hanging out...

Day 47: ...the washing

Something about the mundane in hanging out the washing don't you think? And yet, my clothesline seems to be an integral part of the backyard landscape for various birds, insects, and these fellows. I'll often wake up to find their artistry glistening in the morning sun after a light shower.

Steel cable with arachnid

It seems I disturbed this one today...while I was busy trying to do my chores, it was trying to build its web. We more or less compromised and I left this part of the line alone. One of the fascinating things though, is seeing these small creatures in close-up and the unexpected detail. I could get so side-tracked just hanging out the washing. 

A hot Brisbane day, but a stunningly cloudless sky. You'd hardly think we were coming to the end of summer. 


[Camera : iPhone 4S, 9.25am with cropping]