Tuesday 18 February 2014

Day 49: Rain, lorikeets...

  Day 49: ...the joyful necessity of preening

Oi, you there...!
Yes, I'm calling it early today. Any further pics taken today will simply be relegated to also-ran status, they'll have to be. Here in Brisbane, we awoke to the gentle sound of rain on the roof, a welcome wake-up call for many of us here. Everything feels different after days of heat and humidity and we can start afresh. Or so it seems.

The loris like a bit of rain too. And talk about entertainment value, watching them preen and flap their wings.  I sometimes can't believe the magnificence of nature just off my back verandah. How could the day not go well after this. 

I could choose just one...I beg your indulgence for the following selection. 


Just...there....
Hear that?
Nah, just...there, ta.
Aaah...


[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 75-300mm, 6.32-6.33am]