Friday 21 February 2014

Day 52: The frangipani...

Day 52: ...meets humidity

After a morning out at an appointment, time to get home to continue with work, as much as this rather heavy humidity would allow. I'm not complaining, it is February, it is Brisbane, and it is a lot like a Tokyo summer. It is just a few days or so...sort of.

Midway through the afternoon there was brief respite in the form of a reasonable breeze and some developing clouds, but that has come to pass. 

Early morning
As time allows, I am taking quite an interest in the photographic promise of the humble frangipani. I know they have featured here previously dear reader, but I can't help but enjoy their buds, blooms and delightful fragrance. One was taken this morning, just as the sun was reaching up and over the hill; the other was taken later this afternoon, in recognition of its surviving the humidity. 

Countering the humidity
I am a bit if a fan of the art of American painter Georgia O'Keeffe whose work I first encountered in the Art Institute of Chicago. Some of my flower pics are indeed something of a homage to her work. I could never paint, I can only point and shoot...

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 7.17am, 4.13pm]