Monday 24 February 2014

Day 55: Time to focus...

Day 55: ...but where?

A day at work today, meet new staff, some students, make some final decisions before the new semester begins. Although I'm not teaching this semester there does seem to be a lot to do. The end of February is also fast approaching and that means my research/writing schedule needs to be stepped up...I'm not yet behind, probably more or less 'on schedule' but if this is the pace of the year thus far, then I'll need to keep on my toes. Monday night is rehearsal night and we are only two rehearsals out from our next concert. Now that has come around quickly. 

Finding the right focus
We have a couple of lily ponds around the campus, I've always quite liked them. There is a touch of the Monet (if you care to imagine) but not quite so impressionistic. I was thinking of Monet when I walked past this pond; there is a favourite Monet of mine in the Art Institute of Chicago--> 
         I'm due to present a paper at a conference in Chicago, in April--> 
                   I still have much to do on it and April isn't far away--> 
                          it is time to focus; 

but whether you focus on that which is near or far is something we generally have more control over than a camera's autofocus, thank goodness. 

I'm off to write!


[Camera : iPhone 4S, 2.07pm]