Tuesday 25 February 2014

Day 56: Twists...

Day 56: ...and turns

So much to think about...I'm reading Hannah Arendt, listening to our day-to-day politics unfold and wondering how we got to this point. The reading and thinking is now starting to turn towards writing...I think I'm reading Arendt at just the right time. Today she was talking about learning about political institutions, the cogs and wheels therein, the interchangeability of the cogs and the lapse in moral responsibility...you can perhaps see where I might be headed with this, dear reader...

More to follow...

However, I had reason to head out to Manly at about lunchtime (Brisbane bayside version, not my birthplace version in Sydney). It was a bit spur of the moment so I didn't go with quite the camera it deserved but the trees by the bay are intriguing: there is a story and character in every one of them. They make a perfect pic of the day, to ponder just how something that might be quite straight up and down can become quite twisted...


Twists...

...down the burrow...

...and turns.

Politics can get like that. 

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 2.41-2.42pm]