Wednesday 26 February 2014

Day 57: You have one guess...

Day 57: ...b_a_h...

Today was the opening day of OWeek activities at the university. I was required to be there for a few administrative tasks and to oversee some of the language-based activities. I will be away from the campus for much of the semester so it was, for me, a different sort of OWeek since I won't be teaching and for the first time in many years, I won't have very much to do with this year's new students. It feels a little odd.

Anyway, once it was all done (a bit later than usual), I had to make a decision: did I have enough time to get down to the beach before sunset? Will my readers be utterly bored with more beach pics, from Moffat? I figured the answers were no and yes...just not in that order. 

And it was nice to be there, photographically speaking. I arrived just after 6.00pm and there is a very different sense of light with the sun setting and a higher tide than previously. The rock pools on the northern end were almost under water. So here, just a few pics where I have tried to capture the light and dark within the limits of some iPhonography...


The sunset view at Tooway Creek 
The rock pools this evening, or the breaking wave...whichever you notice first
Rock, meet wave...
Rock: *waves*...

Rock waved...
Sunset, looking east...

I particularly liked the waves rushing in over the rock at the water's edge. Previously it has been high and dry. 

You can't really get bored with the beach can you. Can you?

[Camera: iPhone 4S, 6.15-6.27pm]