Sunday 9 March 2014

Day 68: Halfway there...

Day 68: ...but still on the dark side of the moon

I have spent much of the day indoors writing a paper for a forthcoming conference. It aims to try and understand our apparent apathy towards our politics or as one analyst suggested, 'why we hate politics'. I don't know that we actually hate it, I just think we've been led down a path where we (and I include politicians here) actually no longer do it very well. 

I'm looking at a couple of examples of recent successful election campaigns here in Australia and in Japan to try and test my hypothesis...with the right level of engagement, people can in fact become quite enthusiastic and in turn, perhaps we can revitalise our public sphere. Well, that's how I spend my Sundays, what about you? Of course, it meant I didn't get out much today, pondering as I was our political milieu. 

Light and shadow

Today's pic is a first attempt at trying to take the moon properly. After I saw my friend and fellow snapper Shelley Lloyd's moon pic yesterday, I was inspired. I checked out ways to photograph the moon. As it turned out, the moon was up there for trying this evening as I took a short break. 

As for my paper, I'm perhaps halfway there, but as for taking moon pics, I'm still on the dark side I reckon...

To click another day. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 7-5-300mm, set at 200mm, f5.6, 1/125; 5.37pm]