Tuesday 11 March 2014

Day 70: Raindrops and sunshine

Day 70: ...are all I need some days

Having revealed to you yesterday, dear reader, my artistic ineptitude dating back to school, well, you'll understand why I picked up a camera instead. Photography was also a unit in high school art but it is something I've enjoyed ever since I can remember...even to buying my first toy camera at the corner shop, with my own saved up pocket money, at about the age of seven. 

The camera has always been like my third eye where ever I go. I hadn't thought about it until recent conversations with a couple of friends who don't take photos when they travel because they prefer to remember the scenes and images, in a different way. 

I try to make some of my pics 'art' and so really think about the effects, light and shadow, etc that I might use. I don't like to digitally manipulate my pics in any way, other than perhaps crop or enhance...in other words, what you see it pretty much what I saw. 



Rainspots on pine tree from the back verandah

Sunbeam (no filter)

And so it was this morning, at the risk of making this a blog about boring backyard moments...rain, sun, trees...it was all there. It was a bit of a technical photo shoot, but the wonder can be there, when we pause long enough to look.  



[Camera ; Canon EOS60D, 75-300mm, 6.35am, 6.30am]