Friday 14 March 2014

Day 73: Birthday wishes

Day 73: ...for mum

Today is mum's birthday, and it is a significant one, which she would rather we didn't note too obviously. Still, it was an opportunity to for family to get together and for me, that means a trip down to the Gold Coast. We gathered at one of the Coast's bigger hotels with plenty of seafood. It was all very pleasant. 

Birthday flowers
Earlier in the day I had some politics business to do with a meeting and trying to capture a good pic of the statue of TJ Ryan, for a related project. Not exactly a blue sky day for a statuesque photo, so you will have to wait, dear reader. 

But mum's flowers were quite beautiful, and who am I to resist a pic or two of flowers from my local florist...she does a marvellous job every time. So, in honour of my mum's birthday, pics of her flowers: gerberas,  antique roses and tulips. Lovely. 

[Camera iPhone 4S, 1.34pm, 1.35pm]

Up close: gerbera
Up close: rose