Saturday 15 March 2014

Day 74: Play day...

Day 74: ...a soft touch

Just occasionally, my weekends get a little crowded out. I'm involved in the performing arts as a participant and spectator and some days it all comes together. 

So it was today: my clarinet group had its rehearsal, ready for a concert tomorrow and this afternoon I went to watch a play The Mountaintop at the Queensland Theatre Company.  And it continues tomorrow...I'll miss the clarinet concert because my other band, the orchestra formerly known as the St Lucia Orchestra, shall hold its first concert of the year at Schonell Theatre, St Lucia. Sometimes the clashes are unavoidable. 

Anyway, play day at South Bank also means my occasional indulgence...an ice cream from the Dairy Queen...my current favourite: the Ginger Mac, ginger bits and macadamia nuts. 


Another view of the wheel

Always a good day, a play will make us think about things differently. Any excuse for a soft touch really...

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 1.40pm]