Sunday 16 March 2014

Day 75: The Magic Mirror

Day 75: ...and the big chillin'

Day two of a busy weekend, today was concert day for my orchestra, the first for this year. We play four concerts a year at the Schonell Theatre in the grounds of the University of Queensland. 

Today was hot, mid-30s. Not the sort of day you'd want the air-conditioning to break down now would you...two hours rehearsal, two hours of concert, uniform, stage lights, much blowing (I play the clarinets...)...but breakdown it did. None at all, for the entire time. Tough for us, tougher for our audience I suspect.

In the break between rehearsal and concert proper, there was time for lunch at one of the coffee shops on campus. I sat down to find one of the local scrubbies also sitting down for a bit...

Chillin'
I felt cooler even just looking at the cooling condensation on the milkshake container...

Lunch time chill


Romper Bomper 
Stomper Boo...
tell me, tell me, tell me do...

And then, as if the old Romper Room mirror of my childhood returned, I looked up and the scrubby 'appeared' through the table number stand...


I see you, scrubby


Magic Mirror, tell me today, 
Have all my friends 
had fun at play?

I think, in the end, we had a good concert, we had fun, at play. 
Just glad I chilled at lunchtime, with the scrubby.


*For the record, my name was never called through the magic mirror...not that I mind, of course (now).


[Camera : iPhone 4S, 12.52pm, 1.05pm, 1.11pm]