Tuesday 18 March 2014

Day 77: Can't see the trees?

Day 77: ...stop looking for the leaves...

Yes, a twist on a familiar saying or two: can't see the wood for the trees; can't see the trees for the forest...etc. Look for the detail I suppose. With several cameras poised in the west this morning for another moonset, we were all disappointed to encounter major cloud cover. Never mind, there'll be another time. 

And, I had to head off to the camps today for meetings and other things so it meant a trip up the Bruce Highway. Lots to think about...

I'm also aware that if I had to nominate favourite photographic subjects it would be...trees. I don't know why really, just that they seem to be something that catch my eye. There are several up and down the Bruce Highway, for example, that I would love to stop and photograph...I might still do it one day, stop--start---all the way to the SunCoast.

We've got plenty of trees on campus too. It was a hot, busy day today, and I had to rush away at the end of the day to make my tai chi class back in Brisbane (three monkeys today...we're getting there). 


A warm afternoon... 

As I hastened towards the carpark, I made myself stop and capture this tree...one I've looked at many times, the angle and the glare capturing the afternoon sun and heat. It sits there starkly, on the edge of a pond, amidst its leaved cousins. Next time I walk past, it will look different again. I don't know why it is minus its leaves, but for me, and my camera, the lines of the stark branches give me reason to ponder...

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 4.29pm]