Thursday 20 March 2014

Day 79: Just a drop...

Day 79: ...despite the promise

So a mostly quiet day at home working, writing, thinking. A brief detour via the hairdresser to tame my unwieldy humidity-affected locks and back to work. 

During an afternoon break I thought I ought to clear up some leaf litter in the front yard--previous attempts having been disrupted by heat, humidity, rain...excuses. When I stepped out, it did look like some rain was possible, the intriguing effect of grey and white clouds jostling for supremacy in the sky. For a while it looked like we might get some of that much-needed rain to wash away the humidity. Alas, there was but one drop, which landed on my glasses...

A drop, suspended


One of the original aims of the project365 in which I participate at arm's length, was to try each day to catch the unexpected, the overlooked...I think the rain drop does that...

The grey versus the white


And, if you look closely at that white cloud, a plane is flying into it...it looked much bigger in real life; it's just another iPhone technicality I'm going to have to investigate...

*As I write, the proper rain came down. 

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 2.49pm, 2.51pm]