Monday 31 March 2014

Day 90: A morning star...

Day 90: ...a touch of magic

Today's pic of the day was hard to beat for its early morning magic. Again, it was probably one of those shots where I should have reached for the big cam, but I didn't want to lose the hint of the moment. 

I have, for many years, woken early and greeted the start of the day. Call it work, call it habit, I rarely dislike the start. I know lots of people don't like it but I do. This morning was one of those days where Venus, the morning star, shone brightly in the lightening sky, one pic I captured. 

Morning star and kookaburras


But just a few minutes later, were they sunbeams, were they something else? The pink hues across the morning sky were just breathtaking...I've tried to capture and share them here. Just to add to the atmosphere, it was the time the local kookaburras got their song going. Just marvellous.

Hues of magic


It makes the early start worth it. 

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 5.32am, 5.40am]

*At the dark end of the day, word is just through that the International Court of Justice has determined that Japanese scientific whaling is not scientific and that Southern Ocean whaling must stop. This is the subject of my next book...I have a long night ahead. 

^This blog will be interrupted for the next few days by the International Dateline. Next pic? Maybe here, maybe there...tba.