Wednesday 16 April 2014

Day 106: In adversity...

Day 106: ...uncompromising (in adversis asper)

I am continuing with my community service and in the afternoon took some time out to visit  the local coffee shop. I chose to walk to the shop, about 20 minutes, partly as exercise and partly because...I could. 

Of course, camera in hand, I keep an eye out for things which catch my eye. I noticed this little flower along the way...cropped, it looks quite pretty...

Along the way...
...but in fact, when we draw back, we see it is managing to succeed in spite of its challenging position...it is probably a weed of some sort, but as we've noted here before, the weeds shall inherit the earth and some days, it is a good thought to hang onto.

...in the bus shelter
Meanwhile, back at my little local cafe, much thinking was done on the work front: securing  community in international relations... in adversis asper*...could become a thing. 

*amateur Latin pretension


[Camera ; iPhone 4S, 4.45pm]