Friday 18 April 2014

Day 108: A day to be...

Day 108: ...anything but hot and/or cross

Good Friday today, a public holiday and one of religious significance for those so inclined. All I ensure here is that there are no choc chips in the buns. That's all. 

Today was a day of much reading (the life of this writer has no rest really) with a little garden exploration and tending later in the day to partake of the magnificent sunshine which graced us throughout the day.

Among my favourite plants are the bromeliads. Their wondrous spikes of colour are fading fast but for one. I love the way the rich red is fading to pink and as I looked a little closer, the colours seemed to be like textured brushstrokes on a canvas. I had another of my Georgia O'Keeffe moments. 



Brommie 1

Brommie 2

Brommie cascade
The pics are not altered in any way other than a bit of cropping. I like the effect of working through camera to screen to blog and the altered pixels each time, gets closer to looking like a painting. 

A pleasant day, really. 

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 3.33-3.36pm]