Saturday 19 April 2014

Day 109: No tip-toeing, no ukeleles...

Day 109: ...just gorgeous tulips

Easter Saturday, a plan to head to the city at some stage to collect the neighbours' Easter gifts. I have the best neighbours and each day of celebration we usually share something over the fence. I haven't yet quite decided what to get--eggs by tradition, or a luscious chocolate basket...(it's a combo of both, as it happens).

In the end, that wasn't all I needed to think about. A good friend has decided to pursue photography as an interest...we went camera shopping! I don't mind that kind of diversion. 

Anyway, as part of an Easter gift, I received the most gorgeous tulips--what else was I to do but take pics, which I did. Tulips are my favourite flowers...today, when there aren't any frangipanis with dew drops...or roses in bloom...or bromeliads...

OK, I like flowers as photographic subjects...You only get to see four...I've taken many more...


Tulip: first view

Tulip: second view (with shadow)

Tulip: third view
Tulip: fourth view (with shadow)

Perhaps some more tomorrow as they open further.

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 9.18pm, 9.48pm]

Did my friend buy a camera? Yes. 
Will there be more exciting camera excursions? Yes...

Oh, and I understand Brisbane hosted members of the Royal Family today, at South Bank.