Monday 21 April 2014

Day 111: A little bluesky thinking...

Day 111: ...a tourist in my hometown

I mentioned last week that occasionally I like to wander around the city with my 'tourist eyes', looking at things that I would find interesting if I were a tourist...and a camera wielding tourist at that. It helped that my friend is still keen to continue exploring her new camera so...what are friends for, if not to help out in these times? 

We started out at the Brisbane Corso along the river, a quiet park with birds. I took along my film camera, aiming to capture some black and white pics. The Ekka competition deadline is approaching and I am planning some black and white photos this year (as well as colour). Of course, that's film...so we have to wait for it to be developed...

After a little while, we ventured towards GOMA and Kurilpa Park...we didn't get too far in the hour or so strolling around--the fig tree roots, the fig trees, the river, the water dragons, the architecture, the elephant and the water rat...so much to choose from in a fairly small area. In the end, in honour of our ongoing #612bluesky project, I selected a few of my buildings and the blue sky contrast. 


Kaleidoscope building

State Library of Queensland feature

Reflection on GOMA

GOMA bluesky
Very hard to choose just one. We do have a lovely, rather photogenic, city.

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D 28-55mm, 3.22pm, 3.27pm, 3.29pm, 4.21pm]