Thursday 24 April 2014

Day 114: I must keep at it...

Day 114: ...perpetual peace

As you will know, dear reader, I've been working away on Kant's Perpetual Peace, or Zum ewigen Frieden, to give it its German title. I've also been trying to get some insight from the Japanese translation. 

Two quite different tasks today: one was to go and continue working on the next round of bargaining issues. The second was to attend 612ABC in the evening, part of a live studio audience on a program, on the eve of ANZAC Day, on what happens to service people when they return from overseas deployments. 

So the second task found me with a little time at South Bank to do some reading. I started at the State Library coffee shop for a late lunch and coffee but was eventually crowded out by a post-wedding reception...but I was reading...

Sticking with Kant...


Just before heading to the studio, I sat at South Bank where I usually sit on a Saturday afternoon play day, and took in the city at night. I've got a night light camera workshop coming up soon...I took a practice shot...quite pretty under the cover of darkness really.


Not bad, for just after sunset...

A very interesting program, very privileged to hear the conversation and voices of returned service personnel...the staff at our ABC do a magnificent job. 

But I must keep at my vision of a Perpetual Peace, there is too much unnecessary trauma and hurt. 

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 4.14pm, 6.00pm]