Tuesday 8 April 2014

Day 94: A little noir to begin...

Day 94: ...a touch of elegance along the way

Chicago time 4 April, early morning, and time to duck down to the 'corner bakery' for their excellent breakfasts and refillable coffee cups...like everything here, the serves are big, the cups are big...I probably eat more in two meals than I eat across two days at home. Still, it's good to keep going across almost ten hours of listening and engaging each day. 

When I stepped out this morning, it was drizzling and a little chilly and with the light and the lights, it just looked a little Chicago noir...

Stepping out, Chicago morning
Very Chicago.  Another great day of engaging panels and papers; my interests are diverse--across Northeast Asian politics and security, political theory, psephology of every sort and so on that I have to make some really tough decisions. 

Elevator lobby style


And yes, I'm one of those conference attendees who attends everything going...too interesting. 

(Camera : iPhone 4S, 7.09am, 2.48pm)