Tuesday 8 April 2014

Day 96: An ode to Chicago...

Day 96: ...before a day goes missing...

Last day of the conference today, 6 April. I fly back to Australia this evening, from Dallas to Brisbane. The last session of the conference finished around midday which gave me two or three hours to wander the streets, taking in the sights. This time last year, I headed directly to the Art Institute, one of my favourite places. This year, as tempting as it was to revisit, I decided to turn left on Michigan Ave to explore Millennium Park and the surrounding sights. 

Chicago really is a place for photographers and I really should have had my big camera, but oh well, I was here for a conference after all. Here, as a tribute to this marvellous city, are just a sample of the pics I took during my two hour stroll around this part of town. 

Icons




Bridge and spring buds

Pritzker Pavilion dominates

Pritzker Pavilion

Contrasts...

Skyscrapers...

Contrasts

Fire escapes...

Good, good...yep

It starts here...

The hotel, Palmer House,  Wabash entrance.

The Loop, from the corner bakery

Resting apostrophe
Millennium Park Fountain

Same fountain, perched gull

Fascinating architecture

Leftover snow, yep, not completely thawed

 Cloud Gate ('The Bean'), one view

Cloud Gate ('The Bean'), another view

Jan Pritzker Pavilion

Pritzker Pavilion, lights

Spring sun

Skyline with Pritzker view


Lake Michigan, in the distance


Thanks Chicago, and MPSA, see you again next year.

I'll actually completely miss 7 April, the next time I blog will be from home, on 8 April. 

(Camera : iPhone 4S, 11.56am-3.21pm)