Wednesday 9 April 2014

Day 98: Missing in action...

 Day 98: ...where did that day go? 

It is official... I should be up to day 99, not 98. Oh well, I'll catch up at some point. Darn dateline. Though I suppose, really, I did lose a day...

Today was a day of working at home, making notes and reflecting on the conference, thinking about what comes next in terms of revising paper to journal article; reviewing the book manuscript in light of recent reading; planning for the next three conference papers coming up in July. And/or, just continuing to read. So many things to do. 

 I did notice the drop in temperature this morning so I guess that means autumn is on its way. More, albeit minor, changes in seasons in the garden. I didn't get too far from home base today (although I've discovered a new coffee shop/gallery just up the road; I may have to do my reading there each day...it's an image I have in my mind of the life of a writer, no time like now to try it out). 

Autumnal 
Time to replenish some of the herbs and clip the bushes. The windswept leaves on the verandah, the stunning colours of the flowers just past their prime...how could I not capture their colour and texture as they move on with the dictate of the season...

Last blush of colour...
Easy to lose a day really.

(Camera : iPhone 4S, 4.21pm, 4.37pm)