Wednesday 14 May 2014

Day 134: Environment hazards...

Day 134: ...call of the wild

Bit of a wildlife theme here at the moment dear reader. After a long day at the desk, I thought it was time to go out and get some fresh air. The rallying squawks of the noisy miners are always a sure sign something is about out the back. This time, 'twas a friendly kooka...not the kooka known as Dylan, but a smaller, more timid, comrade. 

I thought I should also get the big camera out and practice some of those skills I learnt recently. Fortunately, I was offered an opportunity to capture some of those action shots I need to work on...


Kooka on the fence...
Taking flight...

Escape...

Brief repose...

Off again...

Going, going...

Gone...somewhere

From the side fence to the Hills Hoist...s/he didn't give up.  There's another lesson from the wild there today I think...

[Camera : Canon60D, 75-300mm, 4.05pm; 4.23-35pm; shutter speeds around 1/100 for effect, to 1/250] 

And I can hear them out the back now, as I write, farewelling the day.