Sunday 25 May 2014

Day 144: More raindrops...

Day 144: ...and so much more...

Well, I can't help myself as you, my patient and dear reader, will well know. A little overnight rain on the plants, a touch of sun and voila...lovely pics. 

Rosy raindrop...
Leafy raindrop...
A good start. Later in the day I went along to our new-ish local coffee shop and after doing the Saturday morning 'cool' thing, reading the Saturday papers and eating croissant (except it was a pumpkin scone), I picked up the bass clarinet and gave the shop a little Saturday afternoon live music vibe. 

I actually don't believe I did it, it is not usually what I do. Today the bass, next week the tenor sax, maybe. Who knows? It's fun to be part of the community. 

The evening was all about Karin Schaupp though, tonight's soloist with the Queensland Symphony Orchestra; guitarist and Brisbane local, she is a most wonderful artist. Karin has played with my Orchestra too, as recently as last year. She is a lovely person to work with, so natural and unaffected by her success.

The show was dedicated to her marvellous mother, also a guitarist, who passed away last year. The emotion wrought by Karin in the Rodrigo was palpable, especially in the second movement. Coincidentally, it was a year almost to the day since we farewelled my musical mate and QSO flautist Bromley too...how we miss our best friends.

Pretty sure they were 'raindrops' on those plants this morning, pretty sure...
(Oops, *something in my eye...*)

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 8.42am, 8.44am]