Thursday 5 June 2014

Day 156: Some days...

Day 156: ...there are surprises in store

This plant, aphelandra squarossa, has featured in the blog previously. Last time it showed up, on 9 February (Day 40), it was yellow. At the moment it is green. I must look into why that is so at another time. 

Anyway, with the sunlight hitting it the way it did, I thought it ripe for another pic and also it shows I didn't go very far today...a day of reading and writing at home instead. One of the things I do enjoy about photography is the surprise it can sometimes have in store. Sometimes, I will line up a photo, take my time, measure everything properly, wait, and sometimes wait even more (especially now the dial is on 'M').

So, imagine my surprise when I came across an ant tucked away in the leaves...

It's the little things...

I'm a little more forgiving of errors and human folly...I think it is because some of my best photos have been completely accidental and unintentional. It's not a bad way to be.


[Camera : iPhone 4S, 9.19am]