Wednesday 11 June 2014

Day 162: Fly me to the moon...

Day 162: ...there are no other words...

Or, so you might think dear reader. Yes, I'm drawn to photographing the moon at the moment...I enjoy the challenge. Today especially: a beautiful blue sky Wednesday and when I was returning from my afternoon walk, the moon was rising up over the suburbs of Brisbane. So many possibilities. 

My walk went via my local coffee shop and having discussed Saturday's gig, I just happened to be whistling a couple of tunes I like playing--started with Moon River (I heard that on the radio last night) which led me to Fly me to the Moon--which led me to today's pics. The universe links in interesting ways.

Moon rising

I live in one of the areas subject to aircraft noise. I try not to worry too much, I'm not a huge fan of the culture of complaint; I fly, I figure I have to take my fair share of inconvenience vs convenience. Besides, one can have 'fun with fotos'...which is what happened this afternoon. 

In other words...

Moon fly past I

Moon fly past II


Moon fly past III


Fly me to the Moon...

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm; 4.37pm, 4.47pm]

The 'other' details from the photographer's notebook: 

Moon rising: ISO 100 1/400 f5.6
Moon fly past I-III: ISO 100 1/640 f5.6 taken at 1.0-2.0 sec intervals