Tuesday 17 June 2014

Day 168: After the stars...

Day 168: ...a little more down to earth

And having declared yesterday that there would be no more moon pics (for a while), and notwithstanding the perfectly blue sky morning with moon...I resisted. Well, not quite, I did take one with the fruit phone, just because it was there. 

But actually, today was back to manuscript mill...writing, editing, seeking publishers...all the usual. I've also spent much of the day targeting some key passages in the Watanabe report, and learning lots of new/old kanji (Japanese characters) from the 19th century...helpful, yes? Definitely interesting. I suppose I'm just a little bit fascinated by the writings about Australia by Japanese leaders that they probably never expected to be read by an Australian. Some candid moments ahead. Teehee.

Today was a beautiful Brisbane winter's day. Blue sky and sunshine and stillness. At various times during the day today, it was the light that caught my eye (again) in its various manifestations. As much as I loved the sunlight on the flora, it was the web that caught my eye...a modernist example of arachnid abodes perhaps?



Leaf : light

Bougainvillea : blue sky

Grevillea : pollen

Modernist : webitecture
After a week looking skywards, it was a perspective I didn't mind, a chance to find my feet and press on, for there is work to be done. 

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 8.35am, leaf; Canon EOS 60D, lenses various, 12.03pm, 12.44pm, 2.12pm]