Saturday 28 June 2014

Day 179: The tangled webs we weave...

Day 179: ...the things we observe

You will know, dear reader, that I have recently started tai chi. Each morning, preferably as the sun is rising, I aim to complete a full set of tai chi and foundation exercises. I like to do it as the sun rises to take in the beginning of the day and meditate on the day ahead. (Well, OK, not just at the moment; I'm flat out remembering the 108 moves in order...but that's the plan, eventually.) 

Of course, photographically-speaking, it is an excellent time for light and shade and it lasts only briefly. So when something catches your eye...you have to interrupt whatever it is you might be doing and present...lenses.

The twist in this web caught my eye just at the point of 'carrying the tiger to the mountain', as we say. It was the twist I liked and I wondered did the spider know it was headed for such a tangle? Maybe. It seemed to give up on trying to join it all at the top.



Twists and turns

A little while later, along came the loris looking for their serve...of birdseed. These two are regulars and reasonably accustomed to humans. They allow me to get quite close with the 300mm lens, though I have also cropped here for effect. 


Lori at brunch 1

Lori at brunch 2
I do try to avoid feeding them everyday so they don't become too dependent or expectant. That would be a complication, an expectation, a tangled web, too far. 

I headed off to my subscription play later in the day, The Effect. A play about drug trials, depression, love and life...life's more complex tangled webs that I doubt web-weavers ever imagine. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 300mm, 7.55am, 8.58am, 9.02am]