Tuesday 1 July 2014

Day 182: The sea, a canvas...

Day 182: ...clarity.

Today was an early start to head to the SunCoast. I had reason to go via Caloundra and for some reason, I threw my camera in the car at the last minute. I don't usually take the big cam to work but I thought I might have a chance to get some kanga pics on campus perhaps...or something. 

As I crested the road going into Caloundra, I saw why I brought my camera along...the view. It is a familiar view of course, but today, with the early cold and the wind yesterday, the clarity was just breathtaking. I spent twenty minutes or so at my favourite beach, the Moffat Beach headland. I've tried to choose, from about 45 photos, a few which aim to capture the clarity...the sense of 'crystal clear'.

I was on my way to work, I couldn't stay as long as I might have liked, nor did I have a range of lenses.  In a way, it was a tough self-assignment. This beach has featured previously in this blog of course: close-ups, the sand the waves, where I walk. Today had a decidedly different, big picture intention.  

A couple or three pics convey the mood of the moment. I'll leave you, dear reader, to decide which ones...


Moff

Pandanus view
Ships passing

Below, immediately below

Moffat Headland

On the rocks, around the rocks

Swell...

...crest...

...break

Out there, somewhere
Yesterday, the sky was our canvas, today, the sea...my most restful place of being.

Enjoy.

[Camera: Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 9.50am-10.14am; no cropping]