Saturday 5 July 2014

Day 186: On a hot tin roof...

Day 186: ...however you make your music

I do enjoy my music Saturdays. Today was one of those days. Clarinets in the morning (after a dash to take friends to the airport) then back towards home for the coffee shop gig. I'm getting a little braver with that one, playing just out of the arcade instead of deep within it where I can't be seen. 

People in the area are very kind and I feel like a busker...they offer money! What a surprise...unless it is money to make me go away. 

Anyway, since it is just a hobby for me, we're starting up a 'pay it forward fund' with the busking dosh. Anything that comes my way goes straight into the kitty so we can pay for a coffee for someone who mightn't otherwise be able too. Now that's community!

I didn't really have time for pics today, except for another bluesky effort at midday, the end of clarinet rehearsal. It is the roof of the community centre where we rehearse. It was a perfect blue against the blue.


Blues on a hot tin roof / 青空の屋根

'The blues on a hot tin roof'...sounds like the makings of a new sax riff. 'Play it forward...'

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 12.05pm]