Monday 7 July 2014

Day 188: Shiver me timbers...

Day 188: ...there are decisions to be made...

Monday, back to work day. There aren't many days off when you are supposed to be writing everyday.  Now that the tai chi beginner classes are finished, I get to attend the continuing group which is a little later in the day. That meant getting quite a bit of writing and work done this morning. I felt very ready for tai chi after that stint. 

I attend classes at a local community hall about five minutes away. It was another lovely bluesky day, though quite cool. I anticipated a lovely bluesky shot today, until I arrived at the hall. You may recall, dear reader, I have mentioned that I have taken any number of tree pics over time. There is just something about them. 

I was a bit surprised to find this when I arrived at class today...one of the beautiful big gums from the grounds cut down and in the process of being chipped. Now, there might have been sensible safety reasons to do so, it was a very tall tree. But still, I find the sight of cut trees a little, well, sad. But photographically-speaking...there's a subject in almost anything. I figured the tree deserved some preservation...



Tree trunk i

Tree trunk ii
Sapped


[Camera : iPhone 4S, 2.14pm]

ooo000ooo

And there's one more thing: today I collected my prints for this year's Ekka competition. There is a small problem...I have to drop one of the colour print candidates, I'm only allowed four. I will be mounting them tomorrow.


One must go...

B&W
 I have about 24 hours left in which to make a decision. Straw polls have been inconclusive...I'll have to sleep on it.