Tuesday 8 July 2014

Day 189: Lights spectacular...

Day 189: ...where you sometimes least expect it

Very much a day of working at home, including listening in on the address to parliament given by Japanese Prime Minister Abe Shinzo, who is visiting Australia today. That's work. 

I was also writing and spent a little time preparing the photos for the Ekka. Following a short survey, and almost complete lack of agreement, I've decided on the four finalists for the colour pics. Our seed-eating lori will appear another day. 

Today has also been backgrounded by events surrounding the Australian Government's handling of asylum seekers...it is most distressing.  

Thus, at various times today, I was drawn towards interesting plays on light, and some reflection. Once with the sun on the coffee pot, another as the sun rose, and this afternoon, a rainbow appeared right at the 'base' of an installation on my Queensland Art Gallery calendar. I was a tad intrigued. 


Coffee pot

Sunbeams and blue sky

Perfectly landed*


Tomorrow I deliver the pics. I hope I've chosen well this year. (But if not, it's a bit of fun...)

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 7.44am, 7.55am, 3.21pm]

*Picture of piece by Bodys Isek Kingelez Sports Internationaux, 1997, QAG/GOMA, Brisbane; 'rainbow reflection' via sunlight.