Wednesday 9 July 2014

Day 190: A museum piece...

Day 190: ...on another bluesky day

Are you bored with the blue sky days yet? My photographic eye is not. I like them. But I can also understand the frustration of our farmer cousins out West who wish for the end to the drought. Yes, I wish the drought would end, but I'll take blue skies too.

Busy day in town with meetings and importantly--pics submitted to the Ekka. That meant a trip across town to the showgrounds to deliver the goods. That meant walking past possibly my favourite bluesky building: the old museum building. I don't recall visiting it as a museum (it had moved I think by the time I arrived in Brisbane) but I have played there and seen concerts there, now that it is the home of the Youth Orchestras. It is a marvellous landmark, and a perfect photographic subject. 

Headed back to the city thereafter and with a bit of time between meetings, found myself back in the 'other' cultural precinct where I saw some other favourites: some of the public sculptures. So there was a bit of a wander around there where we saw some familiar sculptures with a bluesky background.


Old museum 1

Old museum 2 / 旧博物館それに今日の青空

One familiar feature

Another sculpture of our familiar


The Old Museum...there's magic in the old girl yet.

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 10.36am, 10.42am, 12.02pm, 12.11]