Wednesday 16 July 2014

Day 196: Patience grasshopper...

Day 196: ...when you least expect it

I'm babysitting a friend's place at the moment while they are away. Today I dropped around to do the usual checks: take the car for a run, clear the letterbox, water the plants etc.  It was a good way to get me out of the house although I am worried about responsibilities attached to watering living things. 

I've also moved into the next stage of my tai chi classes. No longer a 'beginner', each class now takes on the seriousness and intensity as we learn and relearn and improve each one of the 108 moves. Some classes are devoted to working on just one move. It's all about the detail.

Grasshopper : detail
I have to say, I'm really enjoying it and feeling the benefits. It was the grasshopper on my friend's door that caught my eye today and I recalled that famous movie line of all martial arts aficionados...

A fine specimen

Patience, grasshopper...

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 10.03am]