Friday 18 July 2014

Day 199: A day fraught...

Day 199: ...we can do better

One of those awful mornings and one that makes me question my profession. We work away but then seem so far from the answers. With events in Gaza driving questions about human nature and the human condition (my 'big' questions in my line of work) we awoke to learn of the shooting down of a Malaysian Airlines passenger jet over another trouble spot, Ukraine. Nearly 300 on board have perished and several were on their way to Australia. It's been news all day and the personal stories are surfacing now. 

We, by whom I mean my colleagues, should be able to fix it, really. 

Add to that, it was one of Brisbane's windiest, coldest days today. Still, my birds came and presented themselves. A little bit of normal in an otherwise fraught sort of day. (On Day 199.5, I've tried to capture the wind...)



Wassup?

The lori eye...

You there, stranger
Then, towards the end of the day, as I was working away, the sun through the window reflecting through a crystal and throwing a shadow of the banksia flowers on the wall...amazing. 


Shadow of the sun (太陽の影)

Some days, some days...even an academic blogger is lost for words.



[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 11.32am, 11.34am, 12.52pm, 3.28pm]