Friday 18 July 2014

Day 199.5: To catch the wind...

Day 199.5: ...a photographic challenge

There are many 10s of spare pics on my disk today. With wind gusts of around 85km/h at times it was a real challenge to get any photos at all. As you might have seen on the regular Day 199 post, I managed to get some interesting pics. And then, I wondered, how might you photograph the wind? How best to give the effects?

It was then I noticed the branches on the trees, the birds being blown around, the leaves in the air...it was a challenge, was I up for it? In the end, flicking the motor drive to three shots per second, I tried to capture the buffeting of the foliage. 

The bougainvillea, against the bluesky presented the best opportunity, since they do appear on the blog from time to time...









Not quite 'moving pictures' but an attempt to capture the wind of the day. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 300mm, 11.57.58-11.58.14am]