Sunday 20 July 2014

Day 201: It was in the clouds really...

Day 201: ...as night fell at South Bank

There is a food festival on at South Bank at the moment. A 'night noodle market' or somesuch, the emphasis is on Asian street food. As a bit of an aficionado of Asian food, I thought I should bop along...for research purposes you understand, dear reader. 

Since it was late afternoon, I thought it might also be opportune to take the big cam and tripod and experiment with exposures...for ongoing research purposes, you understand, dear reader. 


祭り Matsuri : festival time
shutter 1/200 f7.1 ISO100 5.02pm
It was comfortably crowded. The food sampled was suitably impressive. It is on for a little while yet, I may have to visit again for those gyoza...one of my favourite Japanese snack foods...for research purposes, you understand, dear reader...teehee...(*^.^*)/

I turned my hand to various shots then in and around South Bank just as the sun was setting and afterwards. You could spend a lot of time doing that. 


Homage: #myABC building in an interesting light
shutter 1/100 f5.6 ISO200 4.58pm


Festival in the city
shutter 1/50 f5.6 ISO100 5.04pm

Sun sets
shutter 3"2 f5.6 ISO100 5.51pm
Nepalese temple and the wheel: shutter 3"2 f5.6 ISO100 6.00pm

I took about 50 or 60 shots in the end. All of them very helpful, for research purposes, you understand, dear reader. This one, however, I think is my pièce de résistance...I somehow captured a sunset cloud above the skyline. It really caught my eye. My favourite Brisbane pic to date I think. (Might even be next year's Ekka entry I reckon...)

Cloud at sunset: shutter 6" f5.6 ISO100 5.54pm

South Bank. An amateur photographer's festive place.

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm lens, 4.58pm---6.00pm, includes some cropping but no other editing enhancements]