Tuesday 22 July 2014

Day 203: Back to basics...

Day 203: ...until the rain came down

A relatively uneventful day planned today. In striving to continue rec leave 101, I decided I would finish some of those novels I've had sitting around for a while: a bit too far in to give up (which I am loath to do usually) and yet not sufficiently drawn in to finish them. I don't really like unfinished novels.

During the morning, I had reason to go outside and found myself getting back to basics, the origins of the blog again: noting the little things that we might otherwise miss...the sun was out, the sky blue, the loris carrying on. It's been very dry and much of the garden is suffering until I saw this: 


Surviving, thriving, in spite of everything

*Something* was managing to grow in spite of the trying conditions, I should take lessons from that. 


A little later, after a few more tedious chapters, I noticed the bluesky was shifting a bit, smatterings of white and grey clouds and, as you may recall dear reader, I am quite enamoured by our clouds. 



Cloud painting 1

Cloud painting 2

Rain was forecast, but at that time, it still didn't seem likely. I thought the clouds presented their own picture across the canvas. 

But indeed, later in the day, down came the rain...and down and down for quite a few minutes. Not enough really, but a definite change in the atmosphere. 

The day finished with a gorgeous palette: just intriguing. 


Clouds as the sun set...
雲:午後の雨の後

Oh, and two of the novels are done. Rec leave level 2 achieved.

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 11.41am, 3.18pm, 3.21pm, 5.11pm]