Thursday 24 July 2014

Day 205: De-cluttering...

Day 205: ...gonna fly now

While spending much of the year thus far on reading, writing and research (and the odd photo now and again), I have had a plan in the back of my mind to get to the cupboards, wardrobes, study, bookshelves and 'de-clutter' as they say these days. 

Well, finally, today, I got started. Bit by bit, I think I'll get it done over the next few weeks. I can take a while to decide on a plan of attack, but I once I start I really get going. 

It's a bit of a weight lifted too. You know those times when things aren't going quite as you'd planned (like work) it's good to find a way through. When I get stuck with something I'm writing I might go and mow the lawn...it's always good to see results for a good hard slog. Things are a bit slower with researching and writing. Takes a bit longer...especially when translating 19th century Japanese...

It's taken a while for the cold to hit Brisbane...real cold, for Brisbane anyway, single digits. Finally, this week, the frangipanis lost all their leaves and I discovered that the jacaranda has started to lose its leaves too. Against the bluesky, it kind of reminded me of my tasks ahead...slowly, slowly, it's beginning to happen. 



Seasons in the sun (bluesky series)

Later in the day, one of the crested pigeons returned to check out the birdseed situation. I've included it simply because I managed another bird in flight. And then I thought it's a reasonable allegory for me: once my work is done I can take flight too.

Gonna fly now (soon)

...which is about as personally reflective as I'm going to get here. 

Until tomorrow.

[Camera ; EOS 60D, 300mm, 12.52pm, 3.56pm]