Sunday 27 July 2014

Day 208: On the road...

Day 208: ...with the Clarinet Choir [Part 2]

We made it. Stayed overnight in one of those country motels with associated pub, at which we ate a pub-style dinner. Noisy. It is one of those things you do when the band goes on tour. 

When we have to travel 'light', I am always conflicted about whether or not to take the big cam. Since I play one of the larger instruments, a bass clarinet, and space on board is limited, I generally have to satisfy myself with the convenience of the fruitfone cam. It's OK. 

There was a piercing view of the sun rising over the car park, through a haze which might have been smoke from a fire, might have been fog. I was on my way to a country-style motel continental breakfast...you already know the drill. They're all the same.


Maryborough dawn


Pre-concert we had a bit of a stroll around ye olde Maryborough town which I've documented on Day 208.5...just too many marvellous bluesky scenes to ignore. 

But this pic, as the bus hit the Bruce southbound, on the way home, is probably my favourite pic of the trip. Passing some cane fields just south of Maryborough and just that moment I looked out and saw the shadow of the bus (and trailer)...



On the road and in the canefields.

Just magic. And an excellent big day out too with the local choral society at the Brolga Theatre.

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 6.48am, 4.58pm]

*Tweepsters were able to follow a live tweet event of the the bus trip home...but I guess you had to be there.
Teehee.