Monday 28 July 2014

Day 209: Good morning...

Day 209: ...sunshine

It's not that Classic Clarinets "on tour" makes one tired, but two days bussing and musicking and being treated to country hospitality...well, we've got to get up on Monday morning and go to work, such is the life of an amateur musician. 

And so it was this morning as I got underway for another day, first day of the new semester and although I'm not teaching and due to go on long service leave, there have been some unanticipated changes to my schedule...which means I may end up teaching yet. Certainly, I have a month of work to do before my long service leave kicks in when I take off to do some research because...it's the only time I get to do it and the university doesn't want to fund it.

So much more fun being an amateur musician.

Anyway, I was thinking all these things as the sun burst through the eucalyptus this morning...

Sunshine through the leaves

There was a brightness about it that stood out. 

Then the quiet was broken by several noisy miners going ten to one against the half a dozen or so kookaburras which decided to insert themselves into the morning. More than a photo, dear listener, here is a little experiment, a new adventure for the blog, a short video:






Because no photo quite captures that kooka feeling like the sound, actual sound, of their laughter.  

It was indeed, metaphor for the coming month on so many, many levels...you've go to laugh, or else.

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 9.24am, video: 11.02am)