Wednesday 30 July 2014

Day 211: The remains of the day...

Day 211: ...where the sun always sets

I can make no apologies, dear reader, I enjoy the challenge of the light of the sun. Yesterday on the twitters, the good burghers of Sydney came in for some flak when they showed off their glorious sunset. Spectacular colours: from a photographic point of view, I didn't blame them for all the photos. 

This afternoon, I found myself at a friend's place around sunset which offered a slightly different perspective on the sunset view. The special light isn't always directly with the sun. For example, in the branches of trees, you can see the remains of the day...


Branching out...
 But it is in the hills that we see the best of Brisbane sunsets...

Elton John comes to mind
1/3200, f5.6, ISO200 

The lines work, I think
1/2000, f5.6, ISO200 (just in case you wanted to know)
And then the moon (and you know what that means dear reader...guess what's on the way)

This line doesn't really work..
"Full Moon"...you saw me standing alone...(Alright, not quite, but you know what I mean.)

Today, it might have been otherwise, but it was all about the light. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 300mm, 5.14pm, 5.16pm, 5.17pm [that quick] and 5.42pm]