Friday 1 August 2014

Day 213: Web of intrigue...

Day 213: ...or stubborn persistence

I know we've seen this web before dear reader but since it last appeared, it has been drenched with rain and blown away by the wind. I noticed it again as it caught the sunlight ever so briefly this morning. 

There is something about the spiral in this web that attracts. Perhaps it is my tai chi class resonating now we have moved on to learning how to 'rotate our spine (gently)' as we move (and I was executing a tai chi set when I noticed it).



Captured by sunlight
太陽に光ったクモの巣


I also didn't notice, until afterwards, the effect of the colour of the bougainvillea behind the web. Nice touch of colour. 


To 'vignette' or not to 'vignette': that is a question...

It also made me wonder about what would make a spider continue to return to the same place, each time, to spin the same web and then I realised...

I am qualified in stubborn persistence: I once completed a PhD; I am returning to a workplace I thought I could leave...I am considering enrolling in further study...

Good grief. Next life, I think I'll return as a web-spinning spider. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 300mm, 7.46am, 7.48am; added vignetting and cropping]