Sunday 3 August 2014

Day 215: Home body...

Day 215: ...signs of spring

There are just some days one opts to not get out of first gear. Not in a bad way. But Sundays, sometimes, when there are no concerts, no work commitments, not much to do (except the housework of course). There are always books to read or articles to write though, manuscripts to revise...or 'cook'.

I don't do a lot in the way of cooking really. I have some famous muffins and a few soups and that's about it. I experiment from time to time with stuff. A little bit of bread-making took my fancy today and that turned into home-made bread with a home-made mushroom and egg soup (sort of Asian-inspired).


Something I prepared earlier
Inside was winter which was a little odd since outside it looked like spring was on its way. There is one last frangipani leaf on one of the three trees out the back. I noticed today (probably after yesterday's warm weather) that the new leaves are on their way. That's always a relief--my outdoor home body skills are about as nuanced as my indoor home body skills...if something it growing outside, it is quite a miracle. 



First leaves/last leaf

The old and the new, bring it on


Spring is springing...

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 1.42pm, 1.44pm, 6.25pm]

Did I mention, the band is playing at the Powerhouse? It's a bit exciting.